Fall is here, which means lots of pumpkin and apple recipes are coming! I wanted to start out with this slow cooker apple crisp recipe. I had never thought about making desserts in my slow cooker until recently! I love being able to get my fix for baked goodies without having to heat up my house! So be on the lookout for more slow cooker dessert recipes soon!
* 1 cup flour
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
* pinch of salt
* 1/2 cup butter chopped into pieces
* 1 cup walnuts (optional)
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1 tbsp corn starch
* 1/2 tsp ginger
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 6 cups apples cored & chopped
* 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Mix the flour brown sugar, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together. Combine the butter with the flour using a fork until crumbs form. Add walnuts if desired and set aside.
2. Whisk the sugar, cornstarch, ginger and 1/2 tsp cinnamon together. Spray your slow cooker and add the apples to your slow cooker. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and toss with lemon juice. Sprinkle the crumb mixture on top. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. Partially uncover the slow cooker to allow the topping to harden (about an hour).
3. Serve with ice cream!
Make this and your whole house will smell like fall! Next time I’m going to add some oats to it. YUM!
- Dump & Go Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken - April 19, 2017
- Slow Cooker Turkey Tetrazzini - November 2, 2016
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe - October 3, 2016
- Most Delicious, Super Easy Slow Cooker Turkey & Gravy - August 23, 2016
- Easy Slow Cooker Dinner – Stuffed Shells - May 16, 2016
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tenderloin Recipe - December 3, 2015
- Easy Slow Cooker Dessert Brown Sugar Roasted Pineapple - November 14, 2015
- Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar - August 16, 2015
- Slow Cooker Asian Beef - June 15, 2015
- Easy Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup Recipe - May 28, 2015