Last night for dinner we needed something easy so it was a slow cooker night. We made slow cooker Chicken Teriyaki and it was really good!
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (3 whole ones or 6 halves) cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup brown sugar (divided into two 1/2 cup portions)
5 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup soy sauce (divided into two 1/4 cup portions)
1 tsp sesame oil
1 cup cold water (divided)
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp cornstarch
In a saucepan whisk together 1/4 cup soy sauce, 3/4 cup water, ginger, garlic powder, 1/2 cup brown sugar, honey, sesame oil and chicken broth. Bring to a slight boil.
In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and the remaining 1/4 cup water until the cornstarch dissolves and the mixture begins to thicken. Add to the saucepan and whisk until combined. Whisk until the teriyaki sauce begins to thicken.
Pour the mixture into the slow cooker and the chicken. Stir to evenly coat the chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
In a bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup soy sauce. Mix well. Prior to serving, add chicken to mixture and coat evenly. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or like we did, over brown rice pad tai noodles. (This is a great alternative if you are gluten free!)
This was a really great dish that everyone enjoyed! We will be making it again soon!
- Dump & Go Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken - April 19, 2017
- Slow Cooker Turkey Tetrazzini - November 2, 2016
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe - October 3, 2016
- Most Delicious, Super Easy Slow Cooker Turkey & Gravy - August 23, 2016
- Easy Slow Cooker Dinner – Stuffed Shells - May 16, 2016
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tenderloin Recipe - December 3, 2015
- Easy Slow Cooker Dessert Brown Sugar Roasted Pineapple - November 14, 2015
- Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar - August 16, 2015
- Slow Cooker Asian Beef - June 15, 2015
- Easy Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup Recipe - May 28, 2015