First let me just say that this recipe is not for the faint of heart. If you do not love chocolate then I suggest trying a different recipe. If you do love chocolate then this will be your dream come true. No joke.
It’s quick. It’s super easy. And it is so rich. My son declared “Slow Cooker Lava Cake is my favorite”. I’m sure we will be making this one again!
1 box chocolate cake mix (we used Devil’s Food Cake for a little extra dose of chocolate)
2 cups water – divided
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
Spray your slow cooker or line with a liner. (I LOVE slow cooker liners!)
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 3/4 cup water and vegetable oil. Mix it like you were making a cake getting majority of the lumps out. A few lumps is ok!
Pour mixture into your slow cooker.
In a bowl (I just reused the mixing bowl! No need to dirty another dish!) mix sugar, cocoa powder and 1 1/4 cups very hot water. Mix well until the sugar dissolves.
Pour into your slow cooker on top of cake mixture.
Cook on high for 2-3 hours. (Mine was ready in about 2 hours).
Serve with a scoop of ice cream on top. Enjoy!!
Please, pin our images and share with a friend! :)
- Grandma’s Slow Cooker Marinara Sauce - January 9, 2019
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Recipe - August 29, 2018
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe - August 15, 2018
- Instant Pot Bacon & Bean Soup (Plus, A Slow Cooker version!) - August 5, 2018
- Dump & Go Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken - April 19, 2017
- Slow Cooker Turkey Tetrazzini - November 2, 2016
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe - October 3, 2016
- Most Delicious, Super Easy Slow Cooker Turkey & Gravy - August 23, 2016
- Easy Slow Cooker Dinner – Stuffed Shells - May 16, 2016
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tenderloin Recipe - December 3, 2015