What is for dinner tonight at your house? The other night was an Asian inspired slow cooker kind of night. This Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken is definitely going on our regular meal plan!
– 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
– 1 cup honey
– 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
– 1/3 cup ketchup
– 2 tbsp vegetable oil
– 1 spoonful of minced garlic
– 1⁄2 cup diced onion
– Sesame seeds
– Green onion
1. Line your slow cooker with a liner for easy clean up. (Optional)
2. Place chicken into your slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper. (Note: You can use frozen or thawed chicken. If you are using frozen chicken, please adjust the cooking times as indicated.)
3. In a bowl, combine ketchup, soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, garlic and onion. Mix this well being sure to full incorporate the honey into the mixture. Pour the mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
4. Cook on low for 3 hours. (If using frozen chicken, cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 2-3 hours)
5. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and cut it into bite sized chunks. Before returning chicken to the slow cooker, add two tablespoons of cornstarch to the slow cooker and whisk it into the mixture to thicken the sauce up. Put the chicken back into the slow cooker and mix the chicken back into the sauce.
6. Let this cook in the slow cooker for 25 minutes.
7. Before serving, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion.
8. Serve over rice and add additional sesame seeds if desired.
Don’t forget to pin!
This post contains affiliate links.
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Recipe - August 29, 2018
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe - August 15, 2018
- Instant Pot Bacon & Bean Soup (Plus, A Slow Cooker version!) - August 5, 2018
- Dump & Go Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken - April 19, 2017
- Slow Cooker Turkey Tetrazzini - November 2, 2016
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe - October 3, 2016
- Most Delicious, Super Easy Slow Cooker Turkey & Gravy - August 23, 2016
- Easy Slow Cooker Dinner – Stuffed Shells - May 16, 2016
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tenderloin Recipe - December 3, 2015
- Easy Slow Cooker Dessert Brown Sugar Roasted Pineapple - November 14, 2015