We’ve all gotten the email. Breakfast pitch in at work, church or for the teachers at school. Well I’m sharing my favorite Amish Baked Oatmeal
over at It’s a Fabulous Life
, but I have to share with you my favorite topping! Slow Cooker Applesauce! It’s so easy and such a delicious topping! I usually start it before I head to bed and in the morning it’s warm and ready for us to enjoy on our oatmeal, pancakes, or on it’s own!
Wash, cut and core your apples. I used a 3 pound bag of apples. I keep the skins on my apples, but you can peel them if you would like.
Toss the apples into the slow cooker. I like to keep my apples a little chunky. :)
Add 1/2 a cup of apple juice, juice of 1/2 of a lemon, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
Yum. Doesn’t it look good already?
Set the slow cooker on low for 7-9 hours. My slow cooker will automatically switch to the warmer setting which is wonderful because I can start it before I go to bed and in the morning it’s ready! When it’s ready, you can choose how chunky you like your applesauce. Mash with a potato masher or puree it.
Now you just have to decide how you are going to eat it! I suggest topping your Amish Baked Oatmeal
with it! :)
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Recipe - August 29, 2018
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe - August 15, 2018
- Instant Pot Bacon & Bean Soup (Plus, A Slow Cooker version!) - August 5, 2018
- Dump & Go Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken - April 19, 2017
- Slow Cooker Turkey Tetrazzini - November 2, 2016
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe - October 3, 2016
- Most Delicious, Super Easy Slow Cooker Turkey & Gravy - August 23, 2016
- Easy Slow Cooker Dinner – Stuffed Shells - May 16, 2016
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tenderloin Recipe - December 3, 2015
- Easy Slow Cooker Dessert Brown Sugar Roasted Pineapple - November 14, 2015