This week in our home has been
crazy, no… insane….no, let’s be honest. We are all friends here right? This is a safe place. So I can totally let my guard down.
This week has been complete chaos.
The holidays are coming! Thanksgiving dinners (yes, dinnerS), traveling, heading back to school, getting the Christmas tree up (because I think I’m one of the last people on Earth it seems like that still does this after Thanksgiving), and as a blogger – this is our crazy time. I’ve felt like a one woman, turbo speed, list crosser offer. Or at least I’m attempting to be.
I really don’t have the time to mess with dinners. Or worse, the clean up of dinners. Thank goodness for my slow cooker!! It hasn’t even left my counter top the past week and we have been using it seriously, every night.
But last night, I wanted to do a little something different. I feel like we do chicken a lot. Like a lot a lot. So it was time to switch it up. So while I was at Walmart the other day I saw this new-to-me brand called Smithfield Pork. Have you heard of them? They have really nice cuts of pork, plus they:
- Offer all natural products.
- Proudly raising their animals in the USA.
- Meeting the USDA Process Verified standard.
- Never adding steroids or hormones to their products.
- Never adding artificial ingredients to their products.
How can you say no to all of that? So I bought a pack of Smithfield Pork Chops (recipe coming soon!) and a Smithfield Pork Tenderloin.
Now the tenderloin comes in two pieces, each of which are approximately 1 pound each. For my family 1 pound of meat is plenty for a dinner so I can go ahead and make an extra dinner to keep in the freezer. AWESOME!
The slow cooker did all the work with the meat. I made the rice and veggies in the microwave in just a few minutes.
When the meat was done, it was easy to shred and lay on top of our veggies. Doesn’t it just look pretty?
The tenderloin has a bit of sweet and a tiny little kick (you can add more or less to your tasting preferences). It was seriously so good. I’m actually really glad we have an extra one in the freezer!
Don’t forget to pin this slow cooker Asian pork tenderloin recipe! Or share it with your friends!
This post was sponsored by She Speaks/Smithfield Pork at Walmart. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
- Grandma’s Slow Cooker Marinara Sauce - January 9, 2019
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Recipe - August 29, 2018
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe - August 15, 2018
- Instant Pot Bacon & Bean Soup (Plus, A Slow Cooker version!) - August 5, 2018
- Dump & Go Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken - April 19, 2017
- Slow Cooker Turkey Tetrazzini - November 2, 2016
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe - October 3, 2016
- Most Delicious, Super Easy Slow Cooker Turkey & Gravy - August 23, 2016
- Easy Slow Cooker Dinner – Stuffed Shells - May 16, 2016
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tenderloin Recipe - December 3, 2015